PDX ™: High performance conditioning
PDX is a high quality biodegradable concentrated ore conditioner used for blending with iron ore and coal ore types to control dust and improve processing capacity by improving plant throughput (with less water used in processing and reducing blockages). PDX is a highly effective, non invasive ore conditioner which generates improved process efficiency and improved ore export capacity.
PDX is the result of 25 years development in soil modification, using biochemical cation exchange action. PDX is high performance blend of organic acids and bio reagents used to modify surface chemical aspects in fine ores. PDX renders the fines more hydrophilic, shifts zeta potentials and the expolymers agglomerate the fines.
PDX™: Reduce Moisture. Increase Export Capacity.
PDX manages the conditioning required in ore bodies to reduce moisture content of the ore known as the Dust Extinction Moisture (DEM). Ore blending with PDX improves the water to fine particle relationship resulting in improved flow throughput and minimising water content by reducing the DEM. This reduction in DEM results in improved throughput and high volumes of ore processed.
PDX™: Blending for dry or wet-sticky ore types
Added to the ore stream either with water to lower DEM or blended from a concentrated solution to wet and sticky ores, PDX enhances materials handling characteristics. Considerably less dust is generated in very low moisture content ores, where water addition is limited and problematic to flow and causes hang up issues in the plant. PDX will improve flow and thus processing capacity.
PDX Performance Characteristics:
- Bio-chemical ore conditioner
- Significant reduction in dust extinction moisture (DEM)
- Reduces dust generation in dry ores
- Reduces blockages in processing for wet and sticky ores
- Improves the flow moisture range
- Improves moisture to particle contact
- Concentrated solution mixed to the ore
- Breaks down over wet clay
- Biodegradable, does not alter ore properties
Graph: PDX reduction of moisture level in ore
- The adjoining graph shows a reduction in Dust Extinction Moisture (DEM) with the addition of PDX. PDX improves ore flow as ore moisture tracks towards natural DEM.
- PDX opens up flow properties for a wide range of ore moisture levels
- PDX manages dust at lower ore moisture content.